Tuesday, October 18, 2016

White chocolate grapefruit brown butter cookies

Another random recipe that called to me, I love white chocolate, grapefruit, and cookies, how could I not try these? I had never had or made brown butter before. Fortunately I work at a bakery and was able to ask for help. Jill told me there was two things I needed to know about brown butter; all you do is put it on a medium-low and walk away, and that I would become addicted to it. I still Googled how to make it and was happy to see pictures so I knew what to look for when it was done.

The other thing I sprung for is a Microplane. The difference it makes in zesting compared to the zesting side of a cheese grater is amazing! Totally worth the $15 if you do any amount of zesting citrus, ginger, or garlic.

I don't own a mixer so I made these all by hand. Takes a little longer, but every bite made me happy that I made these.

I really like soft cookies so I recommend doing these on the shorter time. They will look a little soft but trust me, they will firm up as they cool down.

If you like cookies, make these! Recipe can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment